Second Grade has chosen the rules that are in your child's planner.
1. Have a positive attitude toward learning.
2. Show respect for every person.
3. Take responsibility for your learning by doing your personal best.
4. Enter the building, classrooms, cafeteria, and convocations quietly.
5. Walk in straight, quiet, orderly lines.
6. Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
7. Refrain from language that is not appropriate, degrading, or causes disruptive behavior.
8. Have a hall pass outside the classroom and wear student picture I.D. above your waist.
9. Take pride in our building and show respect for all property.
10. Leave non-school items at home.
Consequences are applied for:
-Not meeting student expectations listed above
-Failure to turn in homework and have agenda signed
-Inappropriate restroom behavior
-Unkind, aggressive, or unsafe behavior
1st Offense - lose classroom money
2nd Offense - yellow card, walk five minutes at recess
3rd Offense - red card, walk ten minutes at recess
Severe Disruption - send child to the principal immediately
* Walk during outside recess or play alone for the same number of minutes during inside recess
Multiple yellow/red cards in a grading period may result in:
- Phone calls to parent
-Student/ principal consultation
-Request for parent conference
If a rule is broken, the student must change a color card.
Each day, the students start over. Everyone starts with a GREEN card in the morning!
Back to Home